The basic goal of every website is to be readable by its users and search engines. A website that is readable by search engines can easily get ranked and earn credibility with developers. One of the important things to focus on in order for a website to be readable by developers or search engines is Technical SEO. It is a process of website optimization for crawling and effective indexing. You get preferential treatment in search results if your website displays the right technical characteristics.
After crafting out valuable content with
relevant keywords that are readable and great for your target audience, it is
only appropriate that more work is put into making your content readable by
search engines too. It is important to put effort into the technical aspect of
a website so that your developer can easily interact with your website and help
to carry out the basic optimization your website needs. It may not be possible
for your developer to prioritize your website if you don’t speak the same
language as them or if they can’t understand you. Technical SEO is an important
factor that can help you win credibility with your developers, and you can have
every issue you may have with your website sorted as quick as possible. In
order to understand technical SEO, you need to be knowledgeable about the three
How Websites Work
Since, Search Engine Optimization, SEO is the process of optimizing a website, it is only appropriate to understand how the website you are optimizing works. This section covers domain name purchase up to the state in which a website is rendered in a browser. An integral aspect to focus on is the process through which a website’s code is made into a viewable page, a process known as Rendering Path. This post is all about teaching you all you need to know to bring a positive change to your website. It will teach you to diagnose your website of its inefficiency and give you a code for positive ramifications. Before anything, you need to set your website up;
- Domain name: you can purchase a domain name like Moz.com from domain name registrars like GoDaddy or HostGator. These are organizations that manage domain names and hosting.
- Link your domain name to an
IP address: you need a DNS to link machine-readable
names with human-readable names. The internet can’t read names like moz.com as
a website; it uses a series of numbers known as internet protocol (IP) address;
an example is 127.0.0.1. You need a Domain Name Server (DNS) for this.
Your website gets to browser from a server in the following ways…
- A user requests your domain; now that your IP address is linked to your
name, users can request your website by simply typing your domain into a
browser. Then the browser makes a request to search for your DNS to convert it
to its IP address. The browser request for the code your webpage is constructed
- The server sends website files
to the browser. After the browser receives the requested information from the
server, it organizes the results gotten, and then the requested website finally
appears. The summary of this whole process is that the website has been
transformed from simple code to what you can actually read in your browser.
What Is A Website Made Of?
Talking of what a website is made of, we are simply referring to the code or programming languages used in constructing webpages. The three most common languages are;
- HTML-hypertext markup language which includes the title and body of a webpage. It’s basically the content of a webpage. Google crawls HTML looking for websites to index. An SEO friendly HTML plays a great role in your webpage ranking in Google organic search
- CSS- Cascading Style Sheets involves what a website looks like – the color, feel, fonts, etc. This has to do with your webpage loading time. A technical SEO on your CSS means you are making your page less code-heavy and cutting down on transfer size to achieve a faster loading time. It is important to know that speed is an important ranking factor.
How To Make Search Engine Understand Your Website
Having an understanding of how to make the search engine understand your website gives room for easy indexing. There are over a thousand articles on how to sew on the internet, how does yours get recognition as one with great and relevant information. You can only do this by spoon feeding search engines in the classification and the type of information you have on your webpage.
Schema markup is a great tool to achieve
this; it helps you to label and organize your content in a way that search
engines will understand your page for a certain element. A lot of websites
can’t get ranked on search engines because they keep confusing search engines
about their contents, so there’s no exact place to fix them in. Schema gives
you structured data.
Google prefers JSON-LD ( a schema). It is also supported by Bing. Implementing structured data allows a website to be Google’s preference. You can make use of multiple types of schema on your page. Ensure to provide original content on your structured pages. Structured markup is a reflection of your page!
How Users Interact With Websites
User interaction is one of the most
important Technical SEO that search engines consider for ranking. Google
rewards websites that provide internet users with a great experience. A website
that fulfills user experience caters for the need of users. It gives searchers
an easy journey while on the website. When you optimize your website for easy
navigation on your website, you get preferential treatment from Google.
Technical SEO for user experience in the following ways;
- Giving a positive experience for mobile users; A great percentage of web traffic comes from mobile. For this reason, you need to make your website to be easy to access and easy to navigate for mobile visitors. Mobile optimization is important if you are looking to rank well on Google. In this century, every website should be mobile friendly.
- Responsive design; This simply means your website should be designed to fit the screen of whatever device your site visitors are using. A website with a responsive design is easy to use for visitors. They don’t need to double tap, adjust, zoom in or out to be able to view your pages. You can make use of CSS to make your web pages suitable for any device.
- AMP (Accelerated Mobile
Pages); No one wants to wait for several seconds or
minutes for a website to load. Everyone loves a website that can load in very
few seconds. If your website is taking too long to load, then you need to
maximize AMP to enhance its speed. AMP helps to deliver your content extremely
fast; it does this by delivering your content directly from its cache server
For great user interaction, improve speed by bundling and condensing your files, deliver the best image size, and give your website a great outlook.
Looking for an SEO Agency?